11.10.2011

Faucet Fixes

Remember my bathroom sink? Everyone was complaining about it today. "What if you children burn themselves with the hot faucet?" they asked. First of all, hopefully it would teach them not to do it again. Second of all, what children?!?

The real answer is that one is supposed to mix the water in the basin. Hardly anyone in England has "mixed taps" and they get along fine. (That's probably an exaggeration.) The modern convenience of instant warm water would be nice, though.

My trusty friend, Apartment Therapy lists a few solutions for this problem. (Also, the librarian in me needs to give them credit for the photograph.) The solution in the picture allows you to keep the existing faucets. I like it, it's a little steam punk-y. There are nicer looking bridge faucets you can buy, but you know I how I feel about old things. And British things. And old British things.

~ E

No comments:

Post a Comment